We release BioBlender v 0.6, made in collaboration with Nicolas Ferèy who integrated the calculation of proteins trajectories using Normal Mode Analysis (as calculated by ProDy package). Please download ProDy from here (our tests were done using 0.8.3 version) and install it on your computers.
- Better calculation for Game Engine: adjusted settings for the rigid body.
- New Normal Mode Analysis import: BioBlender can now elaborate data from ProDy. Please refer to ProDy page for information on settings.
- Default keyframe interval is now 100 frames. Interpolation is much better
- Longer and less bright particles for EP visualization
- Alpha Carbon view has been removed
How to use NMA in BioBlender
To perform NMA, select a .pdb file without importing it in the BB scene. Set NMA options and calculate PDBs, set the Keyframe Interval (default is 100 and the motion is very slow) and press Import PDB button.
Please note that version 0.6 of BioBlender is operating properly only on Linux system.
We are working to update the program for Windows, and to adapt it to the latest version of Blender.